What are the benefits of buying a brand new home before it’s built?
- Wed 24 May 2023
If you’re tired of moving into fixer-uppers, or purchasing older properties that turn out to have problems hidden beneath their period charm, why not consider a new residential development? Buying a new home comes with a number of specific advantages, some of which we have outlined below…
- 1- You can pick the plot you want to buy! With a new homes development, you are able to view the development layout and decide which property across the site is most suited to your specific needs and wants out of a new home. For example, you may want to purchase a corner plot with a larger garden to give your beloved four-legged friends the best space to enjoy. Or you may require a specific house type with a certain layout and parking to maximise the space in your home. All of this is possible with purchasing a property on a new homes development, especially when a site first launches – the world is your oyster!
- 2- Design your home the way you want it to look! Up until the build of the home gets to roof stage, you are able to pick out your home specifications. This could be anything from, the tiling in your bathroom, to the colour of your kitchen cupboards. Each developer is different as to which options you are given, however all of the homes we sell at Bradleys Estate Agents have the highest quality of specifications and we are proud to offer such homes built by many award-winning developers.
- 3- One of the biggest draws to buying a new home…there is no onward chain! Meaning, you don’t have to wait for anyone to find a home before you can move into yours. The only wait is for the home to be built and with this, a clear build progress will be communicated to you with regular updates so you are aware of the timescale of moving into your brand new home!
- 4- New build homes are easier to incorporate or now some may already come with, the latest home technology and gadgets. This not only allows you to live in a home that is up to date with the latest modern technology but also makes your home more energy efficient. For example, some new homes may be built with NEST heating installed which is the first thermostat to get energy star certified.
- 5- Finally, you will be moving into a brand new home that nobody would have ever lived in before! Meaning you are able to add your own stamp and design your home from a blank canvas. You will be able to fulfil all of your Pinterest dreams with no nasty surprises, that you could potentially come across in a second-hand home.
At Bradleys Estate Agents, at any one time we have on offer over 130 new homes in all price ranges covering Devon, Cornwall and Somerset. Developments vary from luxury coastal apartments to city and village homes. With the wide variety of homes on offer across the county, Bradleys Estate Agents are best placed to assist you in your next property journey. To take a look at the current new homes we have available, please click here.