Looking for fun and affordable activities this half term?
- Wed 19 Oct 2022
The first half term of the school year is upon us and with that comes the task of thinking of ways to keep your children entertained during their week off school. With the current financial situation many of us find ourselves in, particularly with Christmas being right around the corner, we have come up with five affordable activities for you and your children to enjoy.
- 1 – Picnic at the park! Make the most of being outdoors with the weather being crisp rather than bitterly cold. Get a group of friends together and all meet up at a local park for the day. Take your favourite foods with you, wrap up warm and let the children play in the fresh air whilst you are wrapped up with a flask full of your favourite hot drink.
- 2- Visit your local Museum – Museums are a great day out and absolutely free. You will probably have to pay for parking as they are usually in city/town centres. However, to make the most of your trip, make sure that you check out their website before you plan your trip as there are often daily activities to choose from that are completely free.
- 3 – Make the most of the West Country – We are so lucky to live in such a scenic part of the country with so many wonderful walks and coastal paths on our doorstep. With that being said, to keep the children entertained, you could make your own treasure list! Ticking off birds, shells or anything you may see along the way on your walk. A warming hot chocolate could be waiting for them at home as their prize.
- 4- Do you have a local library? Libraries will put on free workshops and special events throughout half term. Simply check your local library’s website for up to date event information that will be one day out sorted!
- 5- Cosy up in your very own homemade den and have an at home cinema day. Gather all your favourite snacks, get cosy and put on your favourite films. A perfect rainy day activity that will keep everyone entertained for hours!
We hope that these half term activities will make your week fly by as well as creating lots of wonderful memories with your families, the bonus is they are all affordable ways to have fun! Tag us on social media if you do get up to any of the above suggestions, we would love to see your fun loving pictures.