Spend less with our top saving tips for going back to school in September
- Wed 24 Aug 2022
Getting the kids ready for school can be both a relief and a stress. Back to school means back to normal – and having a little breathing room for yourself. However, preparing the kids for the year ahead is part and parcel of the equation. We have put together a list of top tips to help you save money on one of the biggest expenses of the year for your children.
- 1-You may not be aware of local councils being able to help with the cost of school uniform and PE kits. If you visit the government website, you will be able to find a page whereby you can enter your postcode and the options for whether your local council provides funds to help with back to school clothing. If not, you can always get in touch directly with your school.
- 2-Are you tired of back-to-school shopping, scrabbling to find what you need, and missing out on all the best deals in your haste? Why not sit back, relax, and shop online for all of your school necessities this time around? Not only can you get all your shopping done from the comfort of your armchair, but you can easily shop for the best deals and get them delivered straight to your door whilst also saving money on petrol and car parking!
- 3-If you’re reading this post now, you’re probably a little too late to take advantage of back-to-school sales. However, after the school term starts, be sure to look out for reduced-price back-to-school items for next year. Many retailers slash prices of select items that haven’t sold after the term begins, such as school clothing, bags, pencil cases, sports equipment, and stationery.
- 4-Shop your own home - You may already have plenty of school supplies lying around the home, you just need to find them. Search your cupboards and drawers for any unused stationery and office supplies to save on buying new pieces. Make a list of what you already own so when you head to the shops you don’t duplicate buying items.
- 5-Make sure you plan for growth spurts by buying this year’s uniform in a few sizes larger than your child currently needs. They are growing so much you may find yourself buying another blazer in just a terms time so be prepared!
We hope the above tips help you in saving money for the school year ahead and allows you to cut back on the cost of back-to-school essentials.